• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Happy Reinstatement Day 2022

Seems like yesterday!

What a great day that was. I made sure I made it home on time to see the news. That file clip brings back so many memories. I could hardly believe what had happened!

SSTID

Last edited:
Was at work during the announcement as I couldn’t get time off. Got the phone call from a mate telling me we had won. The whole factory then knew the result.

As soon as work finished headed straight to the leagues club to join in the celebrations. First person I see at the top of the lift is Mikey Robins. He grabs me and gives me a big bear hug.

The celebrations went well into the night. Next morning was a trip up to the Central Coast for the game against the Umina Bunnies.

I would probably rate that day higher than our premiership in 2014 as a Souths fan. Without that day we don’t get the opportunity for 21.

I watched it live on TV. If I had known the decision was being handed down in Melbourne I would have gone to the court - probably lucky I wasn't there :)

Cheers

Over the years we have had lots of rollercoaster footy moments and even with some disturbing results we just need to reminisce of the great days since our return and for me it’s been more than worth it - a tribe, a family, a sporting institution that is arguably bigger than some business brands.

So many incredible moments of joy (none better than 2014 GF) but to see the emergence of stars like Sammy, Sutto, Reynolds, Cam Murray just continue to shine throughout their careers while now seeing AJ continue to pursue the top try scorer record is just unbelievable.

Without doubt the People’s Team are now here to stay and even on the bad days or seasons they just continue to bring smiles to the fans.

Just love them and the fight was well worth it.

Last edited:
Happy survival day

Reactions: WB

Latest posts

Back