• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennet & Demetriou

Trucksyd

Reaction score
I was watching 2020semi final when we flogged Newcastle 48-16 . Bennet was working with some good players , Thomas,tatola,Walker etc . (All of them four years younger) But on the same team were a few s-it kickers ; Paulo, knight, Allen . But he had them playing at their absolute ,mistake free best . Sitting next to him in the box was demetriou.(while watching it seemed like Bennet spoke to each of the players individually) this is what Demetriou maybe lacking)

I was watching 2020semi final when we flogged Newcastle 48-16 . Bennet was working with some good players , Thomas,tatola,Walker etc . (All of them four years younger) But on the same team were a few s-it kickers ; Paulo, knight, Allen . But he had them playing at their absolute ,mistake free best . Sitting next to him in the box was demetriou.(while watching it seemed like Bennet spoke to each of the players individually) this is what Demetriou maybe lacking)
Agree! Name one player that JD has improved as Head Coach?

Duncan, Munro, Tass and Koloamatangi who made his Origin debut under JD.
Not sure I’d give JD great credit with both Duncan and Munro. Hardly used them. Most Pridesters agree Duncan should be playing far greater minutes than he has been getting.
As for Tass, I’d say he’s plateaued - some were dropping him when Campbell was still available.

As for Keaon, he is a great example of an inconsistent player not playing to his hugely untapped potential. He hasn’t played co distantly good football since his rep selection.

Bellamy wouldn’t stand his lazy traits - his involvement and effort would double or he wouldn’t survive. Craig doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

Our forward pack has been soft with no enforcers - Keaon could be one if he wanted to.

Having said that, a much improved display yesterday.

Not sure I’d give JD great credit with both Duncan and Munro. Hardly used them. Most Pridesters agree Duncan should be playing far greater minutes than he has been getting.
As for Tass, I’d say he’s plateaued - some were dropping him when Campbell was still available.

As for Keaon, he is a great example of an inconsistent player not playing to his hugely untapped potential. He hasn’t played co distantly good football since his rep selection.

Bellamy wouldn’t stand his lazy traits - his involvement and effort would double or he wouldn’t survive. Craig doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

Our forward pack has been soft with no enforcers - Keaon could be one if he wanted to.

Having said that, a much improved display yesterday.

So if players don't perform well under the watch of JD he gets the blame.

But if players progress to first grade and improve or even make an Origin debut under him he gets no credit?

Sure, that seems totally fair and unbiased. :rolleyes:

We can only go by what has been in public domain.
From my understanding
- He liked a Twitter comment regarding the poor form of Host.
- He seems to have had communication issues with Mansour.
- Sam and Morris seem to believe he gives special privileges to some players.
- Sam and Morris seem to believe standards have dropped.

The Dogs win buys him a week-fortnight.

We need to win one of Warriors or Sharks (or at least put in a really convincing performance) to buy him more time.

Which I can’t see happening based on what we’ve shown the last 10 months, but that’s the task nonetheless.

The optimist says maybe we generate some momentum out of an ugly win against a bottom 4 side.

The realist says you only get a couple of games each year again opposition that poor, and we were hardly convincing.

We’ll see how the next fortnight goes.

We can only go by what has been in public domain.
From my understanding
- He liked a Twitter comment regarding the poor form of Host.

Big deal, people take the piss on social media all the time. Trell even made a comment about Cody playing in a dinner suit.

- He seems to have had communication issues with Mansour.

1 disgruntled player who couldn't make first grade bags his coach. Move on. Charge dismissed.

- Sam and Morris seem to believe he gives special privileges to some players.

When Sam Burgess was given the assistants role because Crowe asked for him to get the role, against JD's wishes, then it's hard to take his comment seriously.

- Sam and Morris seem to believe standards have dropped.

Compared to what? Morris hadn't been there long enough to compare anything. It's not like he was there in Madge days.

All we can go on is form, and at the moment JD is a last up winner.

Let's hope it continues.

I think breaking the ice with what was an improved performance could be somewhat of a turning point. The error count and set completions stats were a big move in the right direction. We have a pretty good record against the Wahs and that game last year was one of the few good ones. The Sharks got shown up badly by the Tigers last round so if we can take winning form out another week we will have a decent confidence boost when we play them.

Back