• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

captainsutto

Grand Master
Reaction score
The players are dropping like flies. Quite a few selection shocks looming for the Blues
Cody & Latrell could be 2 of them 🤔

Seriously really don’t give a shit about Origin

A few are of that mindse. I don’t really understand as it’s usually a great game of footy.
I hate the impact on club football but…….

I usually don't care about origin because it's an unwanted distraction from the bunnies. But this year I could use the distraction so I'm pumped for a blues win. Would also be nice to see madge win.

Love Origin, can't wait, so many points of interest.

How will Madge go as coach.
Who will be the debutantes.
Selections overall.
Any Souths boys picked.
And............who will win.

I can't understand how any league fan can not get in to games of this quality.

We find it doubles as a great social opportunity for a group of mates (usually about 10-14 of us ) to have turns of hosting a barby and a few beers and watch the game. We usually go home happy even though f’n qld wins 😂😂

as a game, agreed it's quality.
But... i genuinely hate the affect it has on the games during the origin period, as well as the impact the inevitable injuries have afterwards.

I mean, what mickey mouse competition takes the best players away from their club games, make them miss club games, as well as the high risk of further games missed with injury, and just continue on with the competition with some teams severely adversely affected at the time. It's just ridiculous.

Either make it end of the season, or, as a better option, stop the competition for 3 weeks, have a huge 3 weeks of men and women origin, under 20's origin, residents v qld cup, pacific island tests etc all through those 3 weeks. It won't stop injuries, but it also won't make some NRL games absolute farces with half the team either tired and sore, or just simply not playing

Madge ‘leaning towards’ Walker as Blues No.6 despite Souths’ struggles 🧐

as a game, agreed it's quality.
But... i genuinely hate the affect it has on the games during the origin period, as well as the impact the inevitable injuries have afterwards.

I mean, what mickey mouse competition takes the best players away from their club games, make them miss club games, as well as the high risk of further games missed with injury, and just continue on with the competition with some teams severely adversely affected at the time. It's just ridiculous.

Either make it end of the season, or, as a better option, stop the competition for 3 weeks, have a huge 3 weeks of men and women origin, under 20's origin, residents v qld cup, pacific island tests etc all through those 3 weeks. It won't stop injuries, but it also won't make some NRL games absolute farces with half the team either tired and sore, or just simply not playing
💯

I guess I have just accepted it as a part of rugby league since the 80's.

But I do agree it could be done better, I liked Shauno's suggestions below:

Back