• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

With everyone on deck we still have a pretty decent squad going into next year providing they play to their potential. But I'd start putting together now a target list for 2026 when more come off contract from other clubs and some of ours get moved on or hang up the boots. We may need to replace Tom's spot next year though unless Arrow or Keaon move to the middle permanently. I don't see Davvy or Keppie filling that hole.

I have doubts that we could afford Su’a
Agree. Our priority has to be getting Keaon playing like he should and then we need someone in the same pay bracket as Host but is a genuine grader…..I don’t think that’s Host but maybe Fletcher or Christenson step up……then Host is the backup which is his level…then we need replace MCK, Milne, Kennar etc

Agree. Our priority has to be getting Keaon playing like he should and then we need someone in the same pay bracket as Host but is a genuine grader…..I don’t think that’s Host but maybe Fletcher or Christenson step up……then Host is the backup which is his level…then we need replace MCK, Milne, Kennar etc
There are options.

If you get a quality prop then maybe Arrow stays in the backrow.

You can do stuff with Murray and Duncan to fill the edge.

Wighton is an option too if the backline is crowded.

Not saying we leave the squad as is, but depending who you recruit, there is flexibility in how you arrange things.

No doubt there is some Burgess cash, assuming we can shift Ilias’ cash to Dodd. Hence why I’m ok with Lachie leaving (if someone will take him). As much as it would be helpful having him stick around for depth, there are greater needs for the cash. And you can probably fill that depth need with others.

with bigger all forwards off contract I doubt very much that any clubs will be letting any quality wallk
Hence why you need to find the talent not being appreciated (in addition to a big fish - which I think/hope will come from ESL).

Nichols, Sele, Tatola, all came here with zero fanfare. 2 have left for bigger contracts, one (when he’s fit) anchors our pack.

They do have an impact when the middles go forward as previously
Both have been moved to middle with no impact.

KK was on the best edge players a few years ago when our middles had impact.

We are now stuck in a transition with our middles being either to old or to green and tried to recruit reserve grade props to fill a gap.
We need some top shelf props

With everyone on deck we still have a pretty decent squad going into next year providing they play to their potential. But I'd start putting together now a target list for 2026 when more come off contract from other clubs and some of ours get moved on or hang up the boots. We may need to replace Tom's spot next year though unless Arrow or Keaon move to the middle permanently. I don't see Davvy or Keppie filling that hole.
Really, no fullback, no props, weak at half, weak at hooker, we need another winger,
We need at least 10 QUALITY first grade players more to make 8

Back